DIY Lavender Bath Bombs are an excellent gift giving idea. These personal hygiene products can be made from a wide variety of essential oils, lavender just so happens to be one of the essential oils famous for having a calming and relaxing effect on people, and that is what bath time should be all about.
- Large Glass Mixing Bowl
- Spray Bottle with Water
- (4) 4oz. Silicone Molds (an old muffin tin will suffice)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Citric Acid (found in the baking aisle at the local grocery store)
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tbsp. Almond Oil
- 10 Drops of Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Lavender Essential Oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. Dried Lavender Buds (optional)
- Red and Blue Food Coloring (optional)
- Place dried lavender buds in bottom of silicone molds. As these are optional you may skip this step if not using them.
- Combine baking soda and citric acid thoroughly in glass mixing bowl.
- Add Almond Oil and Essential Oil to the mixture.
- Add 4-5 drops each of the food coloring, if using, and blend thoroughly. This will give the finished product a lavender like hue.
- Add a few squirts of water, not too much, and stir the mixture well. (consistency should be that of moist sand, clumping together when clutched in your hand).
- Transfer mixture to silicone molds, pack tightly.
- Layer paper towels on a flat surface.
- Turn mold over gently and deposit contents onto paper towels.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, transfer paper towels and bath bombs to cookie sheet, cover with additional paper towels.
- Allow bath bombs to set overnight.
- Package as desired and store in a cool, dry place.
- Drop one bath bomb into tub of hot water when ready to use.