With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, these homemade lemon honey lollipops may be just the project you were looking for. They are very easy to make and are sure to be a hit with children and adults alike.
- Sucker Sticks
- Hard Candy or Lollipop Molds (silicone)
- Candy Thermometer
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Honey
- 5 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- Combine Sugar, Water and Honey in a medium pot
- Place over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves
- Once sugar is dissolved, place candy thermometer in the mixture and bring to 295 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare candy molds with non stick spray.
- Place sucker sticks in candy molds
- Remove mixture from heat once temperature has been reached
- Pour into a heat resistant measuring cup
- Add Lemon Essential Oil to mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into candy molds.
- Let suckers rest for at least 30 minutes, then remove from silicone mold and store in plastic wrap.
- Serve to family and friends.