- Aids the immune system and provides antioxidants
- Refreshes and enhances positive moods
- Cleanses internally, topically or aromatically
- Induces mood and mind balance and wellness
This citrus fruit possesses a re-energizing and refreshing scent that is valued in culinary dishes and for therapeutic purposes. Often used in beverages and entrées, one example of lime’s traditional use in drinks is that of lime juice which was a favorite amongst British sailors in the 18th century. Not only was the fruit’s citrus flavor refreshing, but limes were also believed to prevent scurvy; this popular drink prompted the nickname “limeys,” when referring to British seamen. High in antioxidants and limonene, lime essential oil can serve the immune system by combating free radicals and cleansing and purifying the air. This benefit can be obtained through diffusion or through surface cleaning. Skin can also reap these purifying properties, through use in facial and body cleansers. Moreover, the oil is a mood stimulant – uplifting, re-energizing and balancing the body and mind.
- Uplift the mood and mind and purify the air by diffusing throughout the room.
- To take advantage of antioxidant properties and enhance flavor of drinking water, add a drop.
- Enhance skin or hair health by adding a drop to your shampoo or facial cleanser.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Diffuse 3-4 drops in whichever diffuser you choose.
Internal application: Place a single drop of essential oil in every 4 fluid ounces.
Topical application: Place a single drop of essential oil in every 4 fluid ounces.
To reduce skin sensitivity, dilute Lime essential oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Lime essential oil should be kept out of reach of small children. If receiving medical attention or are pregnant or breastfeeding, always consult with your physician before using essential oils. If you have sensitive skin, dilute heavily. Sensitive areas, ears, and eyes should be avoided when using this oil. Keep out of direct sunlight for 12 hours following application.
Lime Raspberry Water Recipe
Additional Uses for Lime Essential Oil:
1) Lime essential oil supports healthy immune function.*
2) It positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties.
3) It is often used as an internal cleanser.*
4) Lime promotes emotional balance and well-being.
5) Diffuse Lime to cleanse the air and uplift mood.
6) Put some Lime on a cotton pad to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
7) Add a drop of Lime to drinking water for enhanced flavor and antioxidant support.*
8) Add one drop to facial cleansers, shampoos, or toothpastes for added cleansing properties.
9) Combine Lime with Melaleuca essential oil for a soothing scalp massage.
10) Add a drop of this bright and tangy oil to your salsa.
11) Diffuse it while studying, and then apply it to the wrists while testing on those subjects later.
12) Lime essential oil blends with Cedarwood, Black Pepper, Cilantro, Lemon, Lemongrass, and Melaleuca.
13) Replace sugary beverages by adding a drop of Lemon and
14) Lime in water for a refreshing flavor.
15) Lime reduces the appearances of blemishes and keeps the skin looking healthy when applied topically.
16) It may support healthy lung and respiratory function.*
17) It promotes clean, healthy looking teeth.
18) This essential oil may support the health of the brain and nervous system, while having calming properties on the nervous system.*
19) Lime is energizing and uplifting when diffused or applied topically.
20) It supports healthy weight management.*
21) It supports healthy metabolism.*
22) Lime may support healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels already in the normal range.*
23) It may support healthy immune function and response.*
24) It supports gastrointestinal function and health and relieves occasional heartburn and indigestion.*
25) Lime may support the health of the colon.*
26) Lime may also help to support cardiovascular health.*